Susmita grew up in a minority Buddhist family in Kolkata with a Buddhist family lineage going back to ancient times. She came to the United States as graduate student in 1985 and felt the pain of separation from mother, friends and homeland intensely. She followed an inner guided non-sectarian Dharma path consciously since January 1993 after quiting her job as Socio-Economic Planner for the city. Some raw experience of Dukkha almost subconsciously connected her to the first two steps of the Noble Eightfold Path. After a profound spontaneous awakening and ten years of spiritual practice following self-guided inquiry, she felt compelled to go out and share her mindfulness path, spiritual practice and insights in the community in an authentic unconventional way.
Her teaching and mentoring style is uniquely informed by her culturally rich, spiritually diverse and emotionally colorful life experiences. She brings her mindfulness practice and insight to personal, interpersonal and transpersonal domains and also into her peace and social action work locally, national and international forums.
Mindful life coaching connects you with your inborn sanity by cultivating moment to moment awareness of your own mind. My whole life engaged practice is based on learning, contemplation and meditation using core teachings of Buddha and my own journey to Awakening, using my own self-inquiry inspired by my early childhood exposure to Buddhist teachings.
She is convinced transforming the quality of human life and society is possible now more than any time in history, if each of us take 100% responsibility to sustain our personal and social well-being.
- Recognize and correct wrong views that repeat the cycle of stress, anger, judgement loops
- Develop Right Vision and Intention for your ‘Whole Life’ including people you care about: Vision Map
- Discover and find Right Livelihood using your natural genius, passion and purpose
- Use your precious human birth to enter the Stream of Enlightened Consciousness
- Develop emotional intelligence and resilience
- Develop capacity for loving-kindness, wisdom and compassion, joy and equanimity
- Noble Virtues of harmlessness, restraint and kindness: body, mind and speech for leadership
- Practice of Mindful Speech, Empathic Listening and Skillful Dialogue for high performing workplace
- Clarify Value, Vision, Impact and Outcome to embrace mindful change with natural ease and flow
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (Audio Responses):
Some of her past involvement here.
Following is a brief bio of my great grandfather Karmayogi Kripasaran Mahathero
“The Middle way realized by Tathagata – producing vision, producing knowledge – leads to calm, to direct knowledge, to self-awakening, to unbinding.”